THAHIR M. BASHA
· 8+ years of supporting and programming on IBM iSeries (AS/400) systems with a focus on top-down system security.
· 8+ years of network/connectivity and communications troubleshooting and support.
· 7+ years of experience in performing IBM i operating systems updates (including 3rd party software packages) and maintaining consistent disaster recovery/high availability processes.
· 7+ years of managing system performance while ensuring uptime and system reliability while meeting customer SLAs and internal OLAs.
· 5+ years of architecting and implementing RPG/CL programs in an iSeries environment.
· 5+ years of focus on reshaping legacy application into scalable, cloud-ready Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model for an expanding market.
· 5+ years in recommending and delivery of hardware upgrades for IBM, EMC, and Cisco products including: Power series, DS8000 & VMAX SAN solution, switches/routers/storage fabric network equipment, etc.
· 5+ years of providing IBM Power Systems and Cisco network infrastructure architecture and support.
· 5+ years in documenting technical processes which include maintaining a knowledge base and designing training and implementation procedures.
· 5+ years of designing and implementing tape and disk backup strategy with IBM BRMS and System Storage tape library.
· 4+ years of experience with designing, configuring, and installing web-based emulation applications to compliment green screen interfaces.
· 10+ years experienced, passionate, and result-driven engineer with management experience.
· Proven solutions in managing server infrastructures - Unix/Linux, Windows, and mid-range ERP systems (IBM iSeries/AS400).
· Energetic, focused, and committed team leader who thrives in a challenging environment.
· Experience in working with Web/Application servers like IBM Apache HTTP, Apache Tomcat, and
· Good working experience with Relational Databases including: DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, and MySQL.
· Experience with development tools including: Rational Developer for i, Midrange Dynamics Change Management Software (MDCMS), SoftLanding’s Turnover, Microsoft VSS, Apache SVN, Git, and Trac.
· Experience with industry-leading best practice ITIL application’s to support ticketing, change management, incident response, availability and security management.
Enterprise Midrange Servers & Services
Hardware: IBM Power Systems, DS8870 SAN, EMC VMAX, Netezza data warehouse, IBM BladeCenter & Storwize V7000, Nutanix hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) appliance, Cisco-series switches and routers.
Operating Systems: IBM iSeries (AS/400) V5R4+, VIOS, Windows Server, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Enterprise Software: IBM Copy Services: Global Copy/Flash Copy, PowerHA; IBM Backup and Recovery Management Services (BRMS); EMC Symmetrix SRDF, VMWare ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer; Active Directory, ADFS, Load Balancing, Enterprise System Monitoring etc.; Open source applications: HAProxy, JMeter, Tomcat.
IBM i 3rd party toolset
Rocket Software emulation products, HelpSystem products for security and job scheduling, OpenText EDI/BizManager, iTera/Mimix, WRSI, BugBuster’s RSF/HA, RDi, Original Software’s TestBench, Zend Server, etc.
DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, and MySQL
Company: Vermont Information Processing, Colchester, VT Aug 09 - Oct 16
Role: Senior IBM iSeries (AS/400) Administrator & Network Engineer
Environment: IBM iSeries, DB2, DS8870, EMC VMAX 200K, Windows, Linux, IBM Tape Libraries, IBM BladeCenter & Storwize V7000, IBM Netezza, Cisco switches/routers/APs.
Company: Appsynapsis, LLC May 14 – Sep 16
Project: Web & App Design for mid-size Property Management company
Environment: Windows Server, ASP.NET, Java, PHP, Custom APIs, iOS devices, Crystal Reports.
Company: Lang McLaughry Spera Real Estate Sep 07 – Aug 09
Role: Senior Network & Systems Administrator
Environment: Windows and Linux Servers, Cisco & SonicWall devices, VPNs, Active Directory, ADFS.